Judith Durham And The Hottest Band In Town Now Available In 2CD Set With Bonus Tracks
You just start to think you know Judith Durham as an artist and she surprises you, yet again. She reneged on her classical piano world and the possibility of a career in opera or musical theatre when she exuberantly embraced the teenage cult music of the day in the early Sixties.
Trad jazz and blues topped the charts around the world with bands like Acker Bilk, Kenny Ball and Chris Barber, and indeed here in Australia, the Graeme Bell All Stars.
The band of the day in Judith’s hometown of Melbourne was Frank Traynor’s Jazz Preachers and she recorded her first EP with them at the age of 20. So her jazz contemporaries accused her of selling out when she sang full-time with the chart-topping band The Seekers and became Australia’s first international pop princess. Isn’t that enough of a head-spin?
Then she became a solo artist recording with beautiful orchestras, but yet again an about-face.
Judith shows us on these vintage tracks, recorded in the early Seventies, how easily she transforms that golden voice to carry the music of the Twenties and Thirties for trad jazz afficianados into the Millennium.
Judith Durham ‘The Hottest Band Collection’ comprises two albums recorded with the band she co-founded in San Francisco and in London with her late husband, brilliant pianist and arranger Ron Edgeworth.
Fans have begged, stolen and borrowed to replace their worn-out vinyls over the past four decades, and here they are again at last on a glorious 2CD set – Judith Durham & The Hottest Band In Town and Judith Durham & The Hottest Band In Town Volume 2, featuring seven of Judith’s own compositions and four bonus, never-before-released collector’s tracks.
You can be sure you’ll wanna dance to Judith’s music!
- I WANNA DANCE TO YOUR MUSIC [3:10]
- AM I BLUE [2:52]
- GIMME A PIGFOOT AND A BOTTLE OF BEER [3:03]
- BODY AND SOUL [4:30]
- AFTER YOU’VE GONE [3:56]
- CAKEWALKIN’ BABIES FROM HOME [2:43]
- SISTER KATE (I WISH I COULD SHIMMY LIKE MY) [2:52]
- MAMA’S GOT THE BLUES [3:25]
- THE WORLD’S JAZZ CRAZY [2:52]
- CAN’T HELP LOVIN’ DAT MAN OF MINE [3:54]
- I’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES [3:03]
- OH DADDY BLUES [3:55]
- ALEXANDER’S RAGTIME BAND [2:52]
- I LOVE YOU [2:43]
- GLORYLAND [2:15]
- BASIN STREET BLUES [2:56]
- PAPA IF YOU CAN’T DO BETTER [2:28]
- THE MAN I LOVE [3:55]
- NOBODY’S BLUES BUT MINE [3:54]
- THE HOTTEST BAND IN TOWN [2:37]
- CONEY ISLAND WASHBOARD [1:43]
- DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE [2:44]
- WHAT’LL I DO [3:38]
- LOUISVILLE LOU [3:15]
- IT’S GOIN’ TO BE A BEAUTIFUL DAY [4:05]
- THE ENTERTAINER feat. Judith Durham, piano [3:46]
- CHASE THOSE BLUES AWAY [2:05]
- ON REVIVAL DAY [1:55]
BONUS TRACKS – NEVER PREVIOUSLY RELEASED:
- I LOVE THE SOUSA [4:03]
- SISTER KATE (I WISH I COULD SHIMMY LIKE MY) [3:03]
Judith’s Christmas Message – December 201623rd December, 2016
MY NEW ‘A CAPPELLA’ CD & DVD IS OUT TODAY!4th November, 2016
LIMITED COPIES OF JUDITH’S BIOGRAPHY NOW AVAILABLE WHILE STOCKS LAST!6th October, 2016
Judith’s ‘Live In London’ CD Moves To No. 16!2nd May, 2016